Key West: July 8

 We’re looking pretty ragged. No haircuts for six weeks and my face is peeling for the third time. Debbie has to wear a hat because her hair is so unruly. We are not talking to volleyballs yet but it is close.

 We have had a great time but I am looking forward to getting home to the land of two ply Charmin and push button toilets. 

Debbie grew up in the Keys and is used to conserving water and using minimal amounts of toilet paper. Four squares is what she says she needs when we are home. Who the hell COUNTS?!?!? I am of the school of complete hand mummification. 

Unfortunately, if I did that on the boat, I’d  have fore arms the size of Popeye’s because you have to manually pump a handle to get rid of it. Toileting is EXHAUSTING!

After leaving Key West, I was notified of potential fraud on my credit card in Arkansas. So they canceled my credit card. Today I was notified by Sam’s Club that my membership payment went through… in Arkansas. So I don’t have a credit card but I can still get into Sam’s.

We left Pirate’s Cove in Stuart around 6 am. They seem to take particular delight in putting us in impossible slips. But Debbie puts Cattitude in on a dime.

The boat traffic at the inlets was heavy thanks to the opening of the two day red snapper season. But, for the most part, we cruised along in the ICW at speed and arrived in Cocoa Village around 4 pm. 


Our goal is to head home tomorrow for the final leg of this adventure. No telling what time we’ll have to get up for THAT!!!!


Comments

  1. Omg you are too funny. I would actually love to hear the conversation you would have with a volleyball. I think we need to buy you one and put a camera on it so we can listen to the dialogue. Welcome home tomorrow girls. NSB is awaiting your safe return

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adventure!! Thanks for letting us tag along through your entertaining updates! ❤️ V&T Welcome Home!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts