Key West: June 16

 

Key West grocery carts have drink holders!

Today was one weird ass day.

Debbie suggested I read a book while she installed a sump pump. She wanted a sump pump because the left AC was condensating into the bilge and we cannot have moisture in the bilge. 

But I knew I could not read because there would be issues. There were a few but it took hours . She did a great job and nothing caught on fire. 

Afterward, we rode the bikes into Key West as a reward, Our bartender bought us more beers so we went to The Flying Monkey for frozen drinks .

On our way home, I was alerted to the reason we are supposed to recharge the batteries every night. I had 22 percent change and then nothing. So I had to pedal a 70 pound bike home for the last two miles! Debbie offered to go ahead and block wind so I could draft…  as if she could block SHIT. I was sweating my ASS off when we got back. Real bikes SUCK. 

So we had a beer in the flybridge and then our neighbors joined us to tell us how well they did fishing without us . So that was fun. 

So then we went to Sloppy Joe’s for dinner and the guy who taught us his to use the washing machine was there and he bought us a round of drinks and we met all of his posse.

So we had a burger and met more phenomenal people and now we are just hoping the boat doesn’t spin tonight because our neighbors are taking us fishing instead of our morning jog! How much better can life get?!????! Oh, yeah, the bikes are charging!

I have a cat sleeping on my head. How many people can say THAT?!??




Comments

  1. Sounds like you’re having a great time in key west. Are you planning on going farther?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I like your neighbors now. They rubbed it in your face but then are taking you out so they are cool.
    Holy crap about peddling a 70 pound bike 2 miles. You are going to be jacked when we see you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG 😳! That stinks! Thanks for the warning ⚠️ about the e-bikes! We have 5 power bars and we’ve never let it go below 3 bars. They do take a long time to charge. 4 to 8 hours is our experience depending upon how low they get. But manual said it doesn’t reduce battery 🪫 strength- so they recommend frequent charging rather than trying to drain battery before charyagain. I’m glad you made it and got to drink and tell the funny story!! ❤️ V&T

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts